We will work in partnership with you to ensure your child is comfortable in the nursery setting. We host 3 induction sessions before your child starts with us.
- Parent or carer and key person fills out forms whilst your child plays (1 hour)
- Stay and play without parent or carer (1 hour)
- Stay and play without parent or carer (2 hours)
Your child's 'Key Person'
Your child will be allocated a key person. They will be assigned to take additional responsibility and interest in your child. other members of staff will still support your child, but your key person will be responsible for your child's care, development and wellbeing. They will also oversee your child's Learning Journal. Your key person will be on hand to talk to you about any aspect of your child's care and development at home or nursery. You can share observations you've made about your child's progress and any concerns you may have.
They will also speak to you how is best to settle your child at nursery.
- Saying good straight away and leaving staff to settle your child.
- Telephoning to see how your child is getting on
- Leaving your child for short sessions
- Visiting a few times before your child starts
- Pairing a child with a friend or sibling